Exploring Your Faith
There are so many ways to explore and discover faith. In addition to our regular worship, we meet in groups throughout the year to talk about our faith and explore new ideas.
Previous Lent Reflections
Previous Lent Reflections are available to listen to in our Listen Again section.
2019 saw a series of reflections around 'Shapes for Living'.
In 2018 we reflected on some of the Psalms.
- Psalm 8 - God's story
- Psalm 51 - Restored and Forgiven
- Psalm 107 - God never fails us
- Psalm 25 - Trust in Troubled Times
- Psalm 22 - A Promise of a Saviour
In 2017 we asked "What does it mean to live as a Christian?"
- Love God with all our hearts: "But how do we do this?"
- Love your neighbours: "What, even when we don't like them?"
- To follow Jesus: "Follow Him where?"
- To 'be one': What if 'they' are wrong?
- To share the Good News: "I don't know enough about it!"
- Be filled with the Holly Spirit "I am not even sure what this means!"
In 2016 we looked at a number of characters from the Old Testament, most of them flawed and probably not as 'holy' as we might think.
In 2015 we took a different tack, asking the question 'WHY?'
- Why should we read the Bible?
- Why should we worship God?
- Why should we pray?
- Why should we ask for forgiveness?
- Why does God allow suffering?
- Why did Jesus have to die?
In 2014 we explored 'Questions Jesus asked' and looked at Jesus's questions of:
- Who do you say that I am?
- What do you want me to do for you?
- Why do you call me Lord?
- Why do you look at the speck in others eyes?
- Why are you so afraid?
- Why have you forsaken me?